Whew! It's been a while since I posted here. Been a while since I cooked, too!
We're just getting back from a fabulous vacation at Disney World in Florida. We did rides, saw princesses, more rides, shows, more rides...and the FOOD! It's a good thing you walk so much at the park or I would have gained pounds instead of lost them. One of the most memorable dinners was at Cinderella's Royal Table, inside the Castle itself. We got to meet Her Royal Highness, then were escorted upstairs to a beautiful table. The cutlery was real silver, and our drinks were served in cobalt blue goblets. Our private waiter put napkins on our laps, and brought the first course. It was a gorgeous mixed greens salad, complete with mozzarella balls and home made vinaigrette dressing. On the side were small round French bread toasts with a yummy dipping sauce. For entrees, I had cobia with wild rice and veggies. Cobia is a salt water fish found along the coast of Fiji. Now I'm not a seafood fan, but wanted to try something different. It was fantastic. Not a heavy fish taste at all. It went nicely atop the rice, squash, beans and carrots. Hubby had boneless marinated ribs, with potato, also delicious. The kids had chicken and pizza. For dessert, son and I had an amazing chocolate mousse, drizzled with chocolate sauce and white chocolate shavings. S had cheesecake that was to die for, and M had a Princess Cupcake, complete with edible glitter!
As an added bonus, the Princesses all stopped by our table to greet us in person. Besides Cinderella, we met Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Ariel (The Little Mermaid--I cried), Belle (Beauty and the Beast) and Snow White. B was given a toy sword and referred to as the Young Prince, S and I were Your Majesties, and M was Princess and given a magic wand. Both children were given wishing stars and we all closed our eyes and made a special magical wish. It was incredible. The atmosphere, food, decor, pure Disney magic.
We also stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and tried African food. I found it too spicy for my taste, but hubby loved his stew. We then moved on to Italy in Epcot. We met up with friends and dined at Via Napoli which specializes in wood oven pizza. My God! I had a five cheese one (no cholesterol there), the kids had two giant pepperoni, and B had a pizza Margarita . We also tried Italian beer which was pretty good!
We all stepped out to the Polynesian Resort for breakfast one morning. I had pineapple and macadamia nut pancakes with pure maple and pineapple syrup. S had Tonga toast. I have to describe this. Tonga toast is a 4-6 inch thick slice of sourdough bread. It is stuffed with cooked bananas, then dipped in egg and deep fried. It is then rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with fresh strawberries. It was to die for. It is one of those things I need to find a recipe for to try here at home. We also had French pressed Kona coffee. Yum...
I didn't even mention the little pastry and ice cream restaurants that were also delicious. Needless to say, we didn't go hungry!!!
Now it's back to the real world. I need to go through my cookbooks and try and find some yummy recipes for that back on vacation feel!
No comments:
Post a Comment