Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pizza casserole...bake...thing....

Tried a new recipe last night. While it wasn't a disaster, it wasn't actually a success either.


I subscribe to a couple of recipe sites. I recently got one from Betty Crocker. One I received last week sounded intriguing so I decided to give it a try. It was called Four Ingredient Pizza Bake. You can view it here:  http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/4-ingredient-pizza-bake/f4af756e-8a2a-41c8-b36a-f950fbed9fa6


Basically, you use Bisquick as your base, layer the sauce, pepperoni and cheese, then repeat. Since no one in my house likes pepperoni, I skipped it. I used our favorite blend of pizza cheese, mozzarella and provolone, and a jar of premade pizza sauce.


The actual cooking part came out fine! (We'll forget about discovering the Boy ate all the pizza cheese with his chips and salsa so dinner was delayed while Dad ran to the store) Anywho, it looked and smelled great but taste-wise...blah. Very dry and bland. The kids weren't impressed at all, even the Girl who eats anything that's not nailed down and most things that are!


This is however, something I will try again. Only this time I'll use my signature pizza dough, and add some olive oil, garlic and spices. Maybe even add the spices to the dough itself. I'll bet my homemade tomato sauce would be good too. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment