Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sick again! But managing!

So, the kids have infected me again. Good thing they're so cute...Steve had a potluck dinner at work that I was supposed to cook for. Feeling that cooking for the masses wouldn't be a good idea, I let him handle it. I do get brownie points though. It was my super famous Sweet Potato Recipe! Never heard of it? Well, here it is! Enjoy!




Lauren’s Sweet Potatoes

3 cups sweet potatoes
½ cup of sugar
½ cup of butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/3 cup of milk

Topping

1/3 cup of butter, melted
1 cup dark or light brown sugar
½ cup of flour



Boil and mash sweet potatoes. Mix in sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and milk. Beat until smooth. Pour into a baking dish.

Combine topping ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle on top of potatoes. Bake for about 30 minutes or until topping is browned.

Added note! Submitted this to the Granite State Dairy Promotion today, and won a prize! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment